Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Dear Jennifer Hudson (Weeks 30 & 31)

Dear Jennifer Hudson,

Sorry it has been so long since I wrote you last...I have been busy...eating. In my previous note to you, I was able to share the good news of my 50 pound loss (well, 52 to be exact, lol) achievement on the scale. Unfortunately, for the most part, I have been moving the scale in the opposite direction ever since.

In these past 2 weeks I took a road trip with family to Las Vegas...



...where an insane amount of eating was had...



...We celebrated the 30th Wedding Anniversary of dear friends...



...where a lot of eating was had...







...I consumed far too many calories...and servings...of our traditional English meal in celebration of the London 2012 games ...





...and in between all of the events mentioned above, I was suffering from the desperate cravings of PMS, and a huge case of "the lazy's!!!"

I had lost a few more pounds before going to Vegas, but on that 2 day excursion of all things "sitting"...and most things "eating"...I recorded a 6 pound GAIN on the scale at my WW meeting that week.

I talked myself off of the ledge (I'm being dramatic here), telling myself that I could easily lose those 6 pounds in this upcoming week, and that I would NEVER record another gain on the scale while trying to reach my goal weight!!!

That motivational pep-talk didn't last long. As I mentioned in my letter above, I continued "Operation: Sabotage" for yet another week.

Yesterday, Monday morning, when I stepped on my home scale, I was totally defeated. And in the midst of my mini-pity-party I came to the resolution that I had 2 choices...1. I could give up all together. (That sounded awful and wonderful all at the same time)...or, 2. I could pick up the pieces and move on. (That too sounded awful and wonderful all at the same time).

I eventually decided on option #2.

On Monday, I killed it at Spin class in the morning...and although I wasn't perfect on my eating, I was 90% great in that area! I was suffering from headaches from the lack of massive junk food that my body had grown accustomed too, and it took everything I had to muster up the energy to go for my evening run with Beatrice. But I DID decide to do it!

Except, when I pulled the jogging stroller out of my van, it was obvious that one of the tires was completely flat! :0(

I was bummed and relieved all at the same time, LOL! This was just the excuse I needed to get out of the run!

But oh NO...my daughter was NOT letting me out of this! "Let's take the umbrella stroller Mom."..."No, hunny, that won't work for a run."..."(Starts crying) Then I will run with you mom, I can keep up."..."No, hunny, you can't keep up with mommy." (Although, truth be told, in my current state, I may not have been able to keep up with her, LOL!)

But as I was putting the jogging stroller back in my van, my daughter's dedication to this run was contagious. It was, "Go Umbrella Stroller," or "Go Home!"...literally.

I chose to make the run happen with the dinky-doop-de-doo stroller.

It wasn't pretty, and after not running at all for almost 10 days, I was done after just one of my 3 mile loops. It was disappointing compared to what I am used to accomplishing on a run, but there was a part of me that WAS proud that I rose above the initial challenge of this run, and that I did at least do some running!

My efforts on Monday made a slight dent in the current week's gain, but not too much...I knew that if I went to my WW meeting, I was going to record yet another big gain on the scale. Just like in the previous week, and EVERY week in the past when I have gained weight, I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO MY WW MEETING!!!

But being good on my diet for 1 day (Monday) after several days of NOT being on my diet, I knew that I wasn't strong enough on my own to go the distance. I needed to be held accountable. I needed the support of my meeting.

So I went.

And I recorded a 5.2 pound gain.

But I am SO glad I went to the meeting...it turns out that they DON'T burn you at the stake when you have massive gains on back-to-back weeks! ;0)

So here I sit writing to you (after doing an Insanity workout) humbled, and yet hopeful about this upcoming week.

I hope that I will stop consuming calories like an Olympian, that I can get back in "the zone" quickly, and that I will find my weight loss stride again.

Thanks for always listening J Hud!

Your Biggest Fan,
Elizabeth

1 comment: