Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Dear Jennifer Hudson (week 28)

Dear Jennifer Hudson,

I wish I had better news to report...but I don't...I had another week with a weight gain. :0( This is 2 weeks in a row now...I think this is the first time in 2012 that I've had back-to-back gains....yikes.

I am up 1.2 pounds for the week.

I know I shouldn't be happy about that number, but honestly, it could have been WAY worse! I gained 5 pounds alone on the 4th of July!...AND I wasn't on my diet for the following 4 days! My commitment to exercise was lacking also. I only completed one intentional workout since the 4th. However, Rick and I did scrub the house from top to bottom over the weekend, so I was active on some level.

I jumped back on the WW band-wagon yesterday, and it felt so good to not be eating crap foods, and to be working out again. Despite having my niece arrive from Indiana tomorrow...and she will be staying a whole week...I am hopeful that I will record a loss on the scale at next week's meeting! (Hey, one can hope!)

We have a lot of fun activities planned for her visit, which means my workout schedule will be tweaked quite a bit...AND having company stay with you, kind of feels like a vacation for yourself...even though it's not.

I have written out a daily schedule for myself for this next week which does include daily workouts...so I really hope that I follow the schedule, and won't abandon my diet and exercise plans all together! We shall see....

I made some tasty things in the kitchen this past week...

First, I made these Santa Fe Chicken Sandwiches (7 WW points)...



And then I made these DELICIOUS Tamale Pot Pies (6 WW points)...it had that fluffy tamale cornmeal mixture on top, and then pepper jack cheese melting down the sides of it...Mmmmmmm...



And finally, I put the leftover zucchini from last week's turkey burgers to good use, by making Zucchini Bread Muffins (3 WW points)...



Just like the banana bread recipe that I revamped last month, I decided to give a standard zucchini bread recipe a WW make-over this month. I'm always trying to find low-sugar, and minimally processed snacks for our family. So, just like last month, I cut out 2/3 of the sugar from the recipe, and eliminated the oil by substituting that ingredient with plain yogurt. By the way, the original WW points value for the standard recipe was 7 points! The only (pretty BIG) problem/difference between zucchini and banana is all of the natural sugars that are found in fruit/bananas, and NOT found in (most) vegetables/zucchini! Sooooo, these muffins were still GOOD, but I think I'd still like to play with the recipe a bit, and see if I can add a tad bit more sugar without it affecting the points value. Whereas the banana bread muffins, (IMO) didn't seem to lose ANY flavor/sweetness by dropping the amount of sugar.

So that's all I have for you today!
Your Biggest Fan,
Elizabeth :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment