Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Just Beachy

I have been waiting for and craving a solid a beach day!!! My schedule is usually pretty packed, and the weather isn't always sunny during this season...but this week afforded the opportunity for some chill time, and GORGEOUS HOT DAYS!

Now that my figure is slimming down, adventures in the water are a lot more appealing.

Don't get me wrong, I have never let my "chubbiness" stop me from bringing the kids to our community pool. Nor have I hesitated in packing up our gear and heading to the beach when the moment presented itself. However, in the midst of looking forward to an afternoon in the sun, I would ponder how much I did not want to have to wear a bathing suit in front of others in that size.

And again, I must state, I'm not delusional. I know I'm currently not thin. I know I have quite a bit more weight to lose. BUT, I am greatly improved. :0) And with that comes the confidence to wear a bathing suit at the beach without something covering it.

And what was equally as fun as rocking the suit, was buying it! :0) This is usually a dreaded feat. In the past, I first had to find (a minimal) selection of suits that actually fit. And then I had to narrow those suits down to "the best of the worst". And even then, I would feel most comfortable wearing clothes over my suit until the very last minute that I was about ready to enter the water.

My new suit is still modest, and I will not be posting swim suit pics on my blog, but as soon as I got to the beach I took off my cover-up-dress and sported the suit for the next 4+ hours. Little milestones.

We spent the day with Katie's family. The kiddos played perfectly together!

The boys kept ruffing each other up while playing "King of the Mountain" with pool noodles on the huge mound of sand at the lifeguard tower.

The girls were perfectly content to build sandcastles, snack with their mamas, and jump over the mini-waves. :0)

I got to lay out and catch a few rays that were imperative to my Kim Kardashian costume. ;0) I rode a few solid waves on the boogie board, and Katie and I were able to have great conversation that didn't involve the use of our cell phones...so foreign, LOL! :0)

The day was perfect.

(Until that night when Wyatt vomited in our van, and 3+ days later I'm still trying to get the smell out...GAG! Thursday offered me the highest high, and the lowest low, LOL!)



Before...


After...


2 comments:

  1. It must've been HOT HOT HOT on the beach that Day! Hahaha! I can totally relate to your bathing suit trials...the best of the worst, and then BAM, Options!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It felt like we had a little mini vacation for a day! You looked amazing! You know that being confident makes a difference too!! I was going to post my swimsuit picture on my blog haha!!!

    ReplyDelete