Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Better Late than Never

I always try to get my blog post in on Monday's...but here it is Thursday, and I am finally getting around to it. :0(

I wish I could report that I have gone back to my great dedication to the diet...but in fact, I have gone even FARTHER back to my lame trips to Jack in the Box. OK, so it was just ONE trip to Jack in the Box, but still, I have been totally off track on my calorie consumption.

A holiday brings with it additional opportunities to eat poorly. I have consumed jelly bean, after jelly bean, after candy coated chocolate egg. They all tasted great in the moment, but after 15 minutes I regretted my decision, and after several days I am regretting the 5 pound jelly bean that is spilling over the top of my jeans! :0(

Putting diet aside, the marathon training must go on. I am SO grateful for the marathon! If it wasn't for the commitment I made to this race, I fear I surely would have abandoned all exercise at this point too.

Our mid-week runs increased again. Tuesday's run is now up to 9 miles. Last week it was just 8 miles, and I had to do that on the treadmill...not my fave.

Fortunately though, this past weekend's long run was only 12 miles. I had the opportunity to run with my dad and sister again at Lake Miramar. Jenni had arrived at the lake about an hour before my dad and I had gotten there, but since she runs at a slower pace, I was able to catch her in the end. She finished literally 15-20 seconds before I did. This was the fastest I have ever ran a long run...and I owe it all to her. She was like a rabbit in front of a dog. She was just out of my reach, but close enough for me to strive to catch her. It is normal to start out a run strong, and then slow down your pace as you start to grow tired. But this dog had a cute little bunny to chase! I was determined to finish before her. Which I never did, lol, but it was still an amazing goal to try for.



Even though the run was a shorter long run, it is still a great distance. There are times you think, "Let's quit" or, "This is taking FOREVER!" But having the advantage of going to our Good Friday church service the night before this run, I had a heavy heart for the pain Christ endured in his crucifixion. Every time I would feel some discomfort in my knee, or my feet, I would ponder the unbearable pain Jesus had felt...and every time self doubt would creep it's way into my head, I would remember how Christ did not give up even when he knew what was coming. He could have shouted "Wait! Stop!" so many times while he was arrested, and yet he never did. He never gave up. He knew the end result was worth it. It sure made for a quick reality check. I am capable of doing the things I am set out to do. I just need to do them!

Our Resurrection Easter Weekend was incredible! Both the church services on Friday & Sunday were inspiring and heartfelt. And the time spent with family and close friends on Saturday and Sunday was great fun! Each year, my mom hosts a 2-day Easter Lala Palooza at her house. On Saturday we spend all day dying eggs, decorating cookies, playing yard games, chatting, relaxing, eating, and this year Wyatt (and his assistant Brady) put on a puppet show! :0)









On Sunday, after church, we have a traditional brunch, an Easter Egg Hunt, and wonderful conversation.













It was a great weekend of celebration! :0)

1 comment:

  1. Your dress is phenomenal! It looks stunning on you! You wear it well, E!

    What a fun family you have. It is a sweet example to me.

    Thanks for sharing your adventures.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete