Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Guest Blogger Follow-Up

I wanted to take a moment to let you all know how Medifast went. As a reminder you eat 5 of their "meals" a day, and then 1 lean and green meal a day that you provide. The first week was GREAT!!! I had way more energy, and even though I was hungry, I was still motivated to keep going and NOT cheat. Because this is the "chubby diary" it's all about the numbers, right?!?! First week I lost 7 lbs.!!! Week 2...still had lot's of energy, but the food was getting boring. We were hosting a Superbowl party at the end of the week and all I could think about was CHEATING. So, after 2 weeks of dedication to Medifast, and dreaming about all the yummy foods I would eat on Superbowl Sunday, I took a day off of Medifast and ate the party treats. Unfortunately, prior to my cheat day I had only lost 1 lb. for the week, and when I weighed myself the following Monday morning, I had gained 2 lbs. :( Even though it was nice to take a break from the diet food, I must admit that the pancakes, guacamole, pizza, etc. that I ate on Sunday didn't taste nearly as good as I thought they would...I knew I was cheating, and not really changing my habits that got me fat in the first place. My Grandma used to have a magnet that read "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels"...it's SO true! Week 3...I spent the first 3 days losing the 2 lbs, and then lost another 5 lbs. woohoo!!! Week 4...was AWFUL!!!!!! Hungry was an understatement! All I could think about was food. I was short with my kids, husband, co-workers, family, didn't answer my phone for friends or family. I wanted to grab a box of cereal and some milk and hide in the closet. I hated that I was fat and even had to lose weight, I was going through some serious mental head games...aaaaand the scale was doing nothing for my motivation, I only lost 1lb. Come to find out that also during week 4 I was PMSing...so that was no help. My grand total weight loss on Medifast in 4 weeks was 14lbs.! Not bad at all. :) It's been about 6 weeks since I stopped Medifast, and here's my take...It's a great plan! Since being on it I no longer crave sugar, soda, or fast food. I have kept the weight off, and would ABSOLUTELY do Medifast again (and probably will very soon).

Jenni

1 comment:

  1. A friend encouraged me with the same quote nothing tastes as good as skinny feels...I tell myself that often when I am saying no! Good job Jenni! The hungry week sounds just like me on PMS...

    ReplyDelete