Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Royal Affair

I'm not sure if you heard, but there was a small little wedding in London, England yesterday. ;0) Even though I am not a crazy celebrity stalker, and I make very little time/fuss for things/people outside of my little circle, I was hands-down genuinely excited for the wedding of Prince William & Kate, ahem, Katherine Middleton! I didn't purchase any magazines about the couple, and as much as I would have liked to, I did not watch a single TV special about their relationship or their upcoming wedding. But as the wedding date approached, my excitement continued to grow for this special occassion, and I was trying to think how I could make this event even grander for my family then just watching the wedding on TV. The day before the Prince and soon-to-be-Princess exchanged "I Do's" I decided to throw a Tea Party at our home in their honor.

All four of us were really excited...even Rick! :0)

I went to storage and pulled out four place settings of our china...or as the kids keep calling them, "Mommy's Chinese plates." We then went to my mom's house and borrowed a pitcher for our fesh squeezed lemonade, and a tiered serving plate for all of our eats.

The kids helped me bake our cookies...





And then I whipped (literally) up some fresh whipped cream for our yogurt parfaits, and the rest of our tea food.



We enjoyed oatmeal cookies...



Fresh fruit...



Crown shaped sandwiches...





Our yogurt parfaits...



And our lemonade...



Everything was delicious!



Beatrice loved drinking out of a real tea cup...





And Wyatt insisted this was the "proper" way to eat at a Royal affair...





Before eating we each prayed for the bride and groom, and wished them many years of happy marriage. I will never forget waking up in the wee hours of the morning to watch the wedding live on TV and to share that moment with great girlfriends via facebook, and text messages. I hope my children will remember how history was made on that day, and that they too will have great memories of our Royal Tea Party! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment