Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Monday, August 16, 2010

Boot "Scootin'" with Woody


We are in our 2nd year of homeschooling, and with Wyatt (ahem, "Woody") entering 1st grade, came the responsibility of "Physical Education". I must say I was never this enthused about P.E. when I went to school! It was always the class I dreaded the most. I absolutely HATED changing in to my gym clothes in front of all of my peers, and nothing was more monotonous than running 4 laps around our track in high school. The only thing worse than changing in to gym clothes, was of course, changing into a SWIM SUIT! GAG!!! Water P.E. was the pits! I faked many periods to my male P.E. coach...for some reason they didn't make the females swim if they requested not to when we were menstruating!?!? Go figure!

Anywhoo, now that Wyatt is required to do P.E. I am having a blast, and it has really assisted in holding me accountable to exercise almost daily myself! Wyatt hops on his scooter, and he keeps right up with me as we go on a 3 mile lap around our neighborhood. There is the occasional water break, but for the most part he doesn't slow me down in the least. :0) Now, Beatrice tossing books out the side of the stroller, throwing fits that the wind blew in her direction, and/or her many requests for more snacks...now that is another story! (I'm slightly exaggerating, LOL)




1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA, love the pic with him on the bail bonds bench.

    Way to go, E! I hated PE, too, and did the same thing to get myself out of it, lol

    Happy Homeschooling, Sister!
    xoxo,
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete