Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dear Jennifer Hudson (Week 8)

Dear Jennifer Hudson,

I have some super exciting news to report...this morning at my WW meeting I had a GREAT weigh-in! I lost 5.4 pounds this week, for a total of just over 20 pounds lost since January 1st!! I have less than a half of a pound to lose before I reach my next WW-mini-weight-loss-goal.

I contribute 20% of my success this week in taking my fitness up a notch this week in the gym. I rocked it out!

And I contribute the remaining 80% of my success this week to the "no-sugar" challenge I have going on with my girlfriend. There were MULTIPLE opportunities for me to indulge in sugary treats (my downfall), and because I wasn't even allowed to taste them, I never went down the slippery slope of wanting more...more...MORE!

We had Valentine party, after Valentine party, after Valentine party! I stuck to my guns about not being the "cupcake mom," but instead, I provided the fruit for these parties, and displayed in them in a cupcake-ish way...





This week at Awanas was "Love your leader night"...and the little girls at my table blessed me with such beautiful cards...and delicious (looking) treats. I was given chocolate, more chocolate, and even more chocolate in the form of...



Before I even started the "no sugar" challenge, I had made a pact with myself to not buy any Girl Scout Cookies this year. But when these cookies were just given to me, there was a moment of panic/excitement/fear...I could eat these...I didn't buuuuuy them...could I restrain myself in eating just a "serving size"!? But within a few seconds I remembered...you can't eat sugar...(in my best "Soup Nazi" voice) "NO THIN MINT FOR YOU!". My husband and the kiddos sure appreciated them though! :0)

And finally, this week was the week that I had my solo-cookie-order-of-the-year due. Even though I have paused my little home bakery business until I reach my ultimate weight loss goal, I had previously committed to donating a dozen cookies to my girlfriend's fundraiser...shout out to Katie! :0) After not baking cookies and cupcakes for 2+ months, it was SO much fun to be creative in this avenue again...





The "no sugar" challenge saved me from sampling the ingredients along the way, and from eating any of the leftovers or rejects. ;0)

However, there are 3 extra cookies that I have set aside in the freezer...if my husband doesn't find them in the mean time, I may just have to eat one after this challenge is over! :0)

This next week I am hosting a cake-pop-tutorial at our MOPS meeting, and then after that, I should be in the clear for no.more.baking.until.goal.weight.

Your Biggest Fan,
Elizabeth

P.S. I got my hair cut this week...



My mom, the lady who gave birth to me, and knows that I don't have an ounce of African-American heritage in my gene-pool, says I look like you, LOL!



You are beautiful, so I'm gonna just go with it, and gladly accept the compliment. :0)

2 comments:

  1. FREAKING HILARIOUS about you looking like Hudson!!! Oh mom... gotta love her! lol

    ReplyDelete