Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dear Jennifer Hudson (Week 6)

Dear Jennifer Hudson,

This past week was the first week since I can remember that I didn't have any plans for "special eating." At the beginning of the year, I thought that I only had one baby shower to go to early in this year, and then there wouldn't be any distractions from my diet until my cousin's wedding in May. I was wrong. Not only had I forgotten about a few events, but in these last few weeks, new events have been orchestrated.

I'm just going to have to work through them...like I do every other day...dieting is a choice. Every day I make a choice...every meal I make a choice...every bite I make a choice.

I thought for sure this week was going to be easy though, since I didn't have a single event on the calendar. I was going to be determined and steadfast.

But then PMS set in. :0(

I didn't deter from the plan though...I chose not to deter from my goals. It's just that for a 48 hour time frame, it wasn't "easy" to be on a diet...in fact it was very hard.

And then there was the Superbowl. Rick and I purposely didn't make any plans because I didn't want a diet-distraction. But as soon as the game started, something came over me...I went into the kitchen and made BROWNIES! :-0

I was shocked at my lack of self control in making them. (Seriously, when am I going to stop being shocked? This was such an "Elizabeth" thing to do.)

But luckily, God is strong...when I am not.

EVERYONE should be shocked to hear that Rick and I both were satisfied with eating just ONE brownie...and after giving the kids each one also, we threw away the rest. :-0 They were SO good...but they were SO rich! I couldn't have eaten more than 1!

So that's about it for my week. My weigh-in today went GREAT! I am down another 3.4 pounds this week, for a 6 week total of 15.6 pounds...I'm SUPER HAPPY with my progress! :0)

Your Biggest Fan,
Elizabeth

P.S. Why don't you ever write me back!?

1 comment: