Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Eeeek!..Boo!...and Halloween Too!

In our home, Halloween had been counted down in "sleeps" since October 1st..."30 more sleeps"..."15 more sleeps"..."One more sleep!!"

The kids were SOOOO excited for all of the activities that Halloween Day would entail.

First on the list is one of our funnest traditions! (I feel like I say that a lot, LOL!)...

We had a birthday to celebrate!

 
The one-and-only...Grammy!!!...she is a "pumpkin" baby! :0)

We have always eaten at Corvette Diner on Halloween for as long as I can remember in celebration of my mom's birthday. The staff at the diner dress up, and we usually do too!

Here are a few pictures from prior years...

...2007...(I remember that I had just found out that I was pregnant with Beatrice. Not that that matters, but my memory OFTEN fails me, so I should probably keep records of things like that...like maybe in a...BLOG???)...
 
 
...2010...

 
...And 2011 (Aaaah, yeeees..."The Year of the Coconut Cake!")...

 
 
This year we were seated in the glow/hippy room...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!...we all ADORE you! :0)))
 
 
Later in the day we were headed for Grammy Pammy & DziaDzia Myke's house for dinner and trick-or-treating! :0)

 
 
The company we keep is always FAB!

 
And the presentation of food never ceases to amaze!

 
 
After dinner, it was trick-or-treat time! Some of us still needed to get into our costumes...

 
...much better...

 
*Costume Explanation*...(some people didn't know what I was)...in this heated 2012 election season, I couldn't help myself but to be political in my attire. I attempted to be serious (in content), but humerus (in concept). Officially, my costume title was "Bipartisan"...(some people still didn't get it)...I am voting for Romney (Republican), but voting "Yes" on 37 (Democratic)...Get it now??? :0)

 
Trick-or-treating with friends was so much fun!!!...

 
I always crack up at this sign...and then the attached bowl. This idea never seems to work out the way it should, hahahaha!
 
Our group started off really large...and then our little girls fizzled out after several houses, so my sister brought them back to Grammy Pammy's house. Then, after a few more streets the majority of our kids/parents were "done." The remaining "candy-'til-you-crumble" were: Myself (duh!), Desmon (duh!), Wyatt (duh!), Brady (duh!), Myke & Isabella. We went street-to-street-to-door-to-door until the kids' bags were completely full!!! It was SUPER FUN!!! I love to collect things...ahem, I mean, candy!

Sooooo, it was NO surprise that we came home with SOOOOO.MUUUUUCH.CAAAAAANDY!!! But what was a surprise was finding all of the FULL-SIZE candy bars in their bags!!!

I neeeeever got full-size candy bars in my Halloween bag! As Napoleon Dynamite would say, "Lucky!"

 
I loooove to collect the candy...I love to look at the candy...I love to smell the candy...but most of all, I love to EAT the candy! :0)

But there must be none of that, LOL!

The following day it was "Operation: Pack up candy to-go!" We had a (post-)Halloween party with our mommy-and-me group in a couple of days, and we were going to be using this candy to give to our friends. The kids were allowed to choose any 10 pieces of candy to keep for themselves, and then the rest of it was being put into goody bags for the party. Surprisingly the kids were totally fine with the concept. They so much enjoyed the process of sorting the candy, and dividing the candy into color groups, and making sure each goody bag got the same amount (and kind) of candy, HAHAHAHA!

 
I felt on some level this had to be a learning experience of some kind???

But in all actuality I can remember (some of) my days of trick-or-treating...and the best part was always going back home, dumping all of your candy out of your pillowcase (cooler-richer kids had plastic pumpkin buckets, but we always rocked a pillowcase!) on to the floor, and while your parents were overseeing you rifle through your candy for opened packages that could have needles hidden in them, you were truly focused on one thing...touching the perfectly colorful wrappers!!!...oh, and salivating all the while.

OK!...Snap out of it Elizabeth!!!

Finally "party day" had arrived!

I picked up my nephews and niece, and Auntie Cheech's party bus was party bound!

 
We have been partying with this group for MANY years!!!

*Flashback* to 2009!...

 
...and 2010!...

 
My goodness! The kids have grown and matured so much! This is us in 2012!...

 
We had such a good time with our friends!

 
The food was super festive (especially the juice boxes!!!)...

 
 
 
My 2 favorite parts of the party were:

1. Unloading my candy to the "trick-or-treaters," LOL...

 
And...2. Getting to meet/hold/love-on baby Gavin!...

 
I loved him...

 
...and he loved my hair, hahahaha!...
 
There were no tricks for us this Halloween...only TREATS!!! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment