Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Home and Abroad

At home...

In Social Studies Wyatt has been learning all about how a farm operates, and this week specifically, he was taught all of the various uses of milk/cream...one of which being butter. I remembered making butter in school (high school, actually) and so we had some post-school-fun by making our own butter! All you need is some heavy cream, a little salt, and a lot of...SHAKE!!!...

 
Eventually the fat/solid separates from the liquid, and you've got yourself some butter baby! :0)

 
Mmmmmmm...

 
Our kitchen was also busy with doughnut making!!! A girlfriend of mine has an intolerance to sugar, and while she has had sugar-free variations of other treats, she told me she hadn't had a doughnut in YEARS!!!...I thought there was something very wrong/sad about that! It became my mission to change that, lol! Soooo, I switched up a normal Pumpkin Doughnut recipe, and made it a sugar-free version. The whole process was super fun...

 
 
 
 
 
 
But the best part was the taste-testing...of course!...

 
 
At home, we also had a "SURPRISE JACUZZI NIGHT!"...

 
And finally, at dinner, we always reveal our "High / Low" of the day. One evening, Rick shared that this moment was his high for the day...Cuddle time with his Bea...

 
In Abroad...

We ventured to church a few times...When did this kid start looking so grown up!? :0(...

 
(As I'm sure you've noticed in the inconsistencies of these photos, there was also a haircut that was had this week. Wyatt wanted to wait a bit longer before he got a haircut, but I just couldn't take it any more! In our house, the men/boys have 2 looks: "Mountain Man" or "Military Man"...Wyatt had far surpassed Mountain Man (IMO), and so I busted out my clippers, and welcomed back my Military Man/boy...Aaaaaah, so much better/easier!)

A little farther from home and church was our trip to...the grocery store! (I promise this post gets better, LOL!!!)

A year ago, when we were shopping for the all-important Thanksgiving turkey, we discovered that our grocery store had standard style grocery carts for little kids...Bea was BEA-YOND excited!

We hardly ever shop at a normal grocery store, so it's one year later that we are shopping for our Thanksgiving turkey, and again Bea was THRILLED that she got her own little cart again!

This was her at this time last year...

 
And here she is this week...

 
I actually couldn't see too much of a difference between the 2 pictures...she's still rockin' her (CRAZY!!!) fashion style! ;0)

OKAY, a little bit farther from home/church/grocery, we FINALLY got to attend one of my nephew's soccer games!!! This was our first game, but unfortunately, this was his last game of the season...better late than never! :0) My kids' dance/drum classes are always at the same time as my nephews' soccer games, but this week, one of them had a later game.

We were so excited about this game ALL WEEK! We even busted out some posters for the big event!

 
Wyatt didn't quite get the concept that a poster/sign should be short and sweet...apparently he had several things he wanted to say, lol!...

 
Game day arrived!

 
 
 
It was a lot of fun to see Zack play (he was truly interested in the game!), and we had a great time cheering for him! He did SO GOOD, and earned his run through "the tunnel"...

 
Alright, branching out even farther from home/church/grocery store/soccer field (that was right by our house)...we went to Grandpa and Grandma Piton's house for Family Dinner this week...

 
My dad had the kids line up by their front door...all of the kids' faces made me laugh, but specifically, Zachary just CRACKS ME UP in these pictures! I wish I could remember what was being said in the background to warrant such reactions, lol...(and WYATT! GET A HAIRCUT!)

 
 
And the reason Grandpa had them line up???...To check their ears for lollipops of course!...

 
 
And finally, our adventures "abroad" actually took us 3+ hours out of our county line!...We went/got to visit our other cousins!...Specifically, cousin Jackson! My older sister recently went back to work full-time for the first time since becoming a mom over 10 years ago, and since her and my BIL couldn't make it to Jackson's 2nd grade Thanksgiving Performance/Party they asked if the kids and I would come and represent the family in their place...we were HAPPY to! :0)

Time to hit the road... (You can't tell, and not that it really matters, but I had a super cool french braid going across the bottom portion of my head leading to my side-braid...my sisters...well, maybe just Jenni...will appreciate that information, lol)

 
When we finally arrived, Jackson was SO happy to see us!!!...

 
We loved watching him perform, and all of the dancing/history-reciting/praying was really neat...

 
 
 
 
My kids were definitely captivated and entertained!...

 
 
After the performance, it was time to EAT! :0)

 
 
 
Even though we drove for over 6 hours, and only got to spend less than 1 hour with our cousin, it was TOTALLY worth it!!!

 
 
We are looking forward to seeing him, and ALL of our family, again this week at Thanksgiving Dinner...I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment