Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Who you callin' a Tortoise!?

So, this was the 2nd week of no exercise, and everything went great! By "great", I mean, dieting sucks, hahahaha!

In the first week of no exercise I had lost 7 pounds in the first 2 days, and then I slowly started slipping away from the diet and then had abandoned it completely by the end of the first week, which resulted in me breaking even on my weight loss/gain.

This week however, the weight loss started off a lot slower. I was consistent in my dieting, but the numbers were just different. I think I lost 1 pound the first day, and 1.5 pounds the second day. When Wednesday came and went, I was stoked to have broken last week's cycle of indulging in delicious treats while watching TV that night. Even though the numbers on the scale weren't earth shattering, I surprisingly kept plugging along, day by day. And day by day, the numbers kept dropping. Thursday and Friday were particularly difficult. There wasn't anything special going on (food wise) that was tempting, but just my human nature in general was longing for old habits.

But in a race that I am usually the Hare (a.k.a start fast, and then pump the breaks), I actually found myself as the Tortoise this week (a.k.a the winner!)...I ended up losing 10.5 pounds this week!? CRAZY. I guess that's what consistency will do for a gal...and guy. My hunny did GREAT as well! So proud of him! He has a crazy sleep schedule, and is only weighing himself after he gets a normal stretch of sleep, and on this week, that was after dieting for 5 days straight, and at that point he had lost 6 pounds so far. :0)

The best part is, even though 2 of my meals every day are pretty boring, I was able to enjoy delicious things at my 3rd meal. On Monday, I had sushi with friends, on Saturday I made an amazing pulled pork pineapple dish in the crockpot which I spooned over pasta (amazing), and Sunday I ate 2 (becuase I couldn't just have 1) Pineapple-Nut muffins (with coconut, toasted walnuts and home-ground wheat flour) that my friend (shout-out to Lori!) had made for our MOPS bake sale. Every day there were moments that I had to exercise self-control, and in those moments I felt that I was "depriving myself" (a.k.a. dieting, lol)...but then there were moments each day when I ate something "normal" (for me) and it made this whole process doable.

I doubled my activity level from last week...meaning, I worked out TWICE! Hahahaha! Laughable compared to what I'm used to, but what-evs.

The thing that I'm really excited about this week, is that my aches and pains feel great! My ankle feels 100%, and so do my knees! For a second of time I thought about doing some cardio since everything felt so good, but then I slapped myself (not literally, I'm not really into self induced pain) and told myself to chill-the-heck-out...enjoy the break. Let your joints really heal!

Always the struggle between self and sanity. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment