Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It's All About Me...

I have loved journaling/blogging about our family over the last few months. I haven't scrapbooked in YEARS, and my blog has been a wonderful outlet for me to be creative, and document our adventures and precious memories. :0)

But now that I have reviewed the previous week's excitement as a family, I will take the time to write about the original purpose of this blog...

Me...and my weight loss.

Unfortunately, there hasn't been too much weight loss going on around here. I've been off my diet this past week (and actually, the past 2 weeks) more than I have been on it.

The result is not terrible though...I haven't gained back all of the weight I had lost this month...just a few pounds. I will consider it a great success if I can even lose just 1 pound in this month of no exercise!

This sabbatical has gone by so much quicker than I ever expected it to! I remember thinking that 30 days with no exercise would feel like an eternity. To not get a good burn...a good sweat...my endorphins pumping. But each day has run into the next, and before I knew it, here I am...48 hours before I can begin exercising again. Thursday is the day I can hit the pavement. But in all honesty, mentally I feel checked out. It probably has something to do with my food choices as of late, but I just feel like I am going to TANK when it comes to getting back into cardio.

In the last few days Wyatt has asked me to chase him down the street for a bit while he is riding his bike...and as I am running after him, I.AM.WINDED. It's not even a great distance...trust me, it's not even a full block. :-0

3 months ago I ran 20+ miles straight, and now I am wondering if I can even run a single mile.

This post may seem more dramatic than the situation really is. I'm not crazy anxious about it all, but apparently these are the concerns that arise in my head occasionally. :0)

Even though I am technically able to begin exercising on Thursday, I think I am going to take the rest of the week off, and see what I can make happen in the gym starting Monday.

I think if I can eat properly, I won't feel so sluggish, and I will have greater success on day 1, day 2, day 3, etc. I would love to be blown away on Monday...to realize that there is still an athlete somewhere inside of me.

We shall see. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment