Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Things are heatin' up...in the kitchen!

Looking back on this past week, my kitchen...specifically my oven, was on over drive! That's the makings of a great week...in my opinion. ;0)

I had 2 Sugar Shack orders due this week.

20 Cookie Monster cookies...



And 48, 80's-themed cupcakes (12 of which were gluten-free)...



In the kitchen, Beatrice was in charge of all things lunch...



And Wyatt was the assistant at "Breakfast for Dinner" night. Here he is flipping pancakes "for his ever first time" (as he likes to say)...



Our hummingbird feeder started off in the kitchen...





And then we waited patiently for our feathered friends...



Outside, the kids ventured off with their bikes...





And endured an occasional crash...



We enjoyed a picnic in the park...



And on a drizzly morning, we got to put on our rain boots, and remember why our library is good for more than borrowing books...





Back inside, we enjoyed listening to Wyatt read book, after book, after book...





One of my favorite things about my son, is his passion for drawing. Whether he is in the middle of watching a television show, or has just finished reading a book, he immediately grabs a piece of paper and pencil and starts drawing...







We completed our 7th week of school (this year is going FAST!)...





Beatrice found all things "square" in my bag of treasure...



And in an effort to combine our color of the week (orange) and our letter of the week (G), we sponge painted gourds...





In our elective study of the United States, we learned that Pennsylvania was the 2nd state inducted into the Union...





Rick and I showed pictures to the kids of our trips to the state. I visited my grandparents in PA when I was 17 years old...Rick and I honeymooned in the Poconos...and when Wyatt was just a year old, him and I visited my dad and stepmom at their house shortly after they moved to PA. :0)

The kids learned all about the Pennsylvania Dutch...and their delicious cooking. We baked Pennsylvania themed pretzels using a Pennsylvania Dutch recipe...











We learned that Pennsylvania was the state that Betsy Ross sewed the first American flag, that this state hosts the Crayola factory, and that Pennsylvania is the birth state of the Hershey bar, and home to the "Hershey Chocolate World" theme park...



To finish off the week, I prepared our Pennsylvania feast. It was a perfectly cloudy day for "Chicken Pot Pie in a Pot"...



And a warm piece of "Shoofly Pie"...





Our calendar looks fairly empty this coming week..I wonder what discoveries will be made!? :0)

1 comment:

  1. Seriously! You inspire me to be a better teacher! I want to be like you! One day, I hope, when God tells us that I don't need to work outside of the home anymore, I'm going to be a "funner" home school mom. You are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete