Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lets Go Surfin' Now...

It's been a while...too long I've been told, since my last post. I have excuses (good ones?)...I've been busy...our computer kept shutting down when we were in the middle of doing something on it (the problem has been fixed)...and as previously mentioned, I just haven't felt much like blogging in general. Blah, blah, blah, LOL!

Too much time has passed for me to go day by day and report our adventures, but I would like to give honorable mention to:

1. The kids and I went with some of our friends to meet Spiderman!







2. The kids and I went to the beach with 2-B and her crew and we caught (literally) hundreds of sand crabs!





3. Every single seat belt was put to use in my mini-van when Jenni and I took our littles up to L.A. to visit our sister Anna at her house...





4. One of my favorite things about Summer, is watching the television program Big Brother. It's not your normal show...it's almost like a Soap Oprah, in that it airs 3 nights during the week! And more than the actual show it self, my favorite aspect about Big Brother, is that all of my siblings watch the show as well. It makes for great banter back and forth, and on the rare occasion we even get to watch it together...THE.MOST.FUN! Jenni and I stayed late in L.A. so we could watch the show together with Anna, and this past weekend I was able to stay late after a birthday party and Jenni's house, and we were able to watch the show yet again together (with a few others).

5. My favorite adventure in the previous 2 weeks was when I went surfing for the first time! We met some other friends at the beach on a different day, and my dear friend Jenni Z. took Wyatt and I out in the water and gave us each a lesson in surfing. Watching my son get up on the board was incredible! I was multi-tasking (watching him, and attempting to surf myself) but every time I looked over at him, he was riding a wave in the standing position! He blew me away!



As for me, this was something I have wanted to do all of my life. I was born and raised in San Diego, and out-of-towners just assume that that means I surf or have surfed, LOL! Not this mama. I just have never had the opportunity. But when the opportunity DID present it self, I took it! And I must say, I was pretty impressed with my newbie ability! It was so much physical work, and I am convinced that at this time last year I wouldn't have had the physical strength and endurance to accomplish what I did out in the water. Once you get on the board (which can be tricky in of it self), you then have to pull yourself into the plank/push-up position...you then have to either get to your knees, or get yourself into a lunge position...you then need to erect yourself into a standing position, and SOMEHOW find a way to stay balanced on the board while standing...HARD stuff! It was an AMAZING workout! I caught dozens of waves...and of those waves, I probably did something totally unproductive about 5 times (LOL)...I then was able to get to my knees (at minimum) for the rest of them. Multiple occasions I was able to get myself into the standing position, but I then would lose my balance, and fall almost immediately into the water. BUUUUUUUUT, on one occasion, my strength, my balance, and the perfect wave worked together for good, and I was able to ride a wave in the standing position until completion. It was an INCREDIBLE feeling! :0)



So there you have it. One post under my belt! :0) Hopefully I can knock out a couple more tonight.

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you!
    Bella still asks if Spidey will be wherever we are headed, lol.

    Can't wait for tomorrow nights BB!

    ReplyDelete