Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Jessie's Sweet Tea

Our dear friends Myke and Pam, have hosted an amazing tea party for their granddaughters 2 years in a row. Last year, Beatrice and I were honored to attend their Minnie Mouse Tea Party...and this year we were invited to attend Jessie's Sweet Tea! Myke and Pam are HUGE fans of Disney, and so in this case, "Jessie" is referring to the character, Jessie, in the Toy Story film series. My Sugar Shack business had slowed down quite a bit in the last 2 weeks, but this party brought with it the fun adventure of making LOTS of sweet treats for the sweet tea.

Pam was kind enough to give me some creative liberties when it came to the mini cupcakes, and after studying Beatrice's Jessie doll for a bit, I decided to make some fondant cowhide! I had so much fun with these, and I thought they came out really good...especially since it was my first time doing something like this...



To the right of the cupcakes, in the above photo, you will also see the Smores-on-a-Stick I did. These were a totally unique treat for me, and I thought they were super cute, and they tasted AMAZING...just like a Smore!

The final item that was ordered were adorable Jessie Hat cookies...to make into take-away-favors.



Prepping for, shopping for, and making all of these treats in the days leading up to the event, and had me SO excited for the actual event! Myke and Pam are so creative and I couldn't wait to see everything they had done to make this day extra special. And sure enough, they found a way to far exceed even my GIGANTIC expectations! Their house was beautifully decorated, and completely "jessie-fied"! ;0)





In addition, we had a delicious lunch...



Fun games...



And great fellowship with seasoned friends...





It was a perfectly lovely day. :0)

2 comments:

  1. We were BLESSED to be on the guest list this year and it was SOOOOO cool. Ezra enjoyed being amongst the girls. And the SUGAR SHACKS goodies were amazing. I highly recommend in hiring sugar shack for your next party!:0)

    ReplyDelete