Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Vacation- Day 6 (Final Day!)

Early on in our trip, "Tuesday the 24th" seemed like it was approaching way too fast! I wanted more vacation! :0) But in the final 24 hours of our trip, I began to get home sick for my hunny and the kiddos. It began to feel like my reunion with them couldn't come fast enough!

I woke up on Tuesday morning, and got my workout done first thing. I then went up to our room, showered, and packed up everything. We still had quite a bit of time in Savannah, as our plane didn't leave until 2pm. We left all of our luggage down at the front desk, and we did one last surge of shopping and exploring. We said a final goodbye to the man reading the paper...



We bought MORE sugary treats...





And then we finally went and had our Southern BBQ! Our final meal in Savannah...Lunch at Blowin' Smoke BBQ!



We started with Parmesan Onion rings with a smokey ranch dipping sauce...



...and Fried Dill Pickles...



For our entrees, my mom and I shared the BBQ Beef Brisket Sandwich (no picture), and my sisters each ordered the BBQ Hand-Pulled Pork Sandwich...



After lunch we headed back to the hotel to pick up our luggage. The last time we had our luggage with us in the rental car, Anna was already at the hotel so we had one less person, and one less set of luggage. This ride made for a TIGHT SQUEEZE!







We were all going to be together for our first flight from Savannah to Atlanta...



But once we reached Atlanta, Anna had to high-tail it to her flight to L.A. with just a 45 minute layover! We said a quick goodbye, and then we went our separate ways. We had a 2 hour layover, and ate this...



And then we boarded our final flight, headed for San Diego :0)...





I had opted out of watching a movie on Jenni's cool "nook" this time around, and instead I caught up on my Bible Study book, and the other reading material I had brought along and NEVER got to. After I had exhausted my self from reading, I discovered how stinkin' cool flight entertainment had progressed! It turns out you can watch LIVE TV on the airplane! For an hour I was tracking all of the crazy tornadoes that were tearing through our country...that is something I never would have the time to do at home. And then eventually I caught a glimpse of what the person was watching in front of me...the start of the AMERICAN IDOL FINALE!!! I was stooooked! I had no idea that it was on that night, and I totally would have missed it. But here I was, somewhere over the state of Texas watching the finale live...technology is SO cool!

We arrived in San Diego, I eventually said goodbye to my traveling companions, and said a HUGE HELLO to the loves of my life! They were so happy to see me...the kids were freshly bathed and in their jammies...the house was spotless...and Rick had a big smile on his face. God was so good to me. I had an AMAZING vacation...becuase every time I checked in at home, Rick and the kids were doing just fine. I owe a gigantic thank you to my mom for financially making this all happen...and I owe a gigantic thank you to my hunny for physically being at home in my place, and making me feel good about vacationing every single day that I was gone. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment