Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cupcakes, Cupcakes, and Cookies, Oh my!

This past week was a big baking week.

I completed my biggest baking order to date so far. For one single event, I made 73 cupcakes, and 60 sugar cookies. I think they turned out pretty cute, and I was super grateful for the opportunity! Happy 1st Birthday little Christiana!!!







Within 24 hours of that party we were invited to a last minute Memorial Day Weekend pot-luck. We enjoyed delicious carne asada tacos, homemade rice and beans, delicious homemade salsa, my new favorite treat...a combination of cream cheese, marshmallow fluff, and orange zest...you dip fruit into it...sooooo good!...and then I was asked to bring 48 cupcakes for dessert...





2 days later was Wyatt's first piano recital! Shout out to my son...he made us so proud!!! He has been taking lessons for just over a year, and all of OUR hard work in practicing daily had paid off when he took the stage on May 31st...







Wyatt's piano recital happened to be the same day as his Godmother's (my sister Jenni) birthday. When I found out the date, I had mentioned the connection to Wyatt. Without my prompting, at his very next piano lesson, Wyatt asked his teacher to teach him how to play "Happy Birthday" so he could play it for his Godmother at the recital. We have been practicing it for months, and he made her night when he pulled her up to the piano after the official recital was over, and played the tune for her...





After the recital there were refreshments for everyone, and I made festive cookies...



That was the end to my baking for the week.

121 cupcakes, and 99 sugar cookies later, I had my final personal training session at the gym. Between my vacation, and all of these treats, I had a lot to work off! Hence, the sweat...



I'm bummed that my training sessions are over. :0( That was definitely a cool luxury, and I would be stoked to have the opportunity to train with a personal trainer in the future. He introduced me to exercises that I never would have known how to do on my own, he instructed me on how to do the exercises properly (and corrected me when I wasn't), he gave me encouragement when I wanted to quit (I.HATE.PLANK.POSITION.), and he pushed me to do things I thought I wasn't capable of doing. SUPER neat! I have never sweat so much, and I have never felt so sore...but in a totally GOOD way!

Thursday was my last big "Hoorah!" before the marathon. Each runner in the marathon won a free padre ticket, and then additional tickets at a discounted price to any one home-game in the month of June. Rick and I took the kiddos to see the Padres lose...ahem, PLAY...the Houston Astros. We had a super fun time together...







We snacked on peanuts, candy, chips (all things we purchased ahead of time), and then hot dogs and ice cream at the game.

No more pigging out before the race. My eating has to be spot-on in the days leading up to Sunday. The last thing I need is to be sitting in the port-a-potties for 26.2 miles! :0(

4 comments:

  1. HAHA! Port a Potties...they are Marathon trademark, right?! I came here to read a post about your day today...so anxious to hear all about your experience!!! Much love and CONGRAULATIONS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU CRACK ME UP!!!

    So bummed I didn't get to taste Christiana's cupcakes for myself, but so glad she had a great time. You did a great job on those, E.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, am I impressed!!!! Your baking is unbelievable. Nordstrom. Gorgeous. How in the world do you do that? And the marathon - more power to you - so great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. People said that I was throwing the party for myself and spoiling our 1-year-old. Um, I don't care because if I could have eaten the left over dozen by myself - I would have!! Thank you so much, Elizabeth! I'm going to have to book you in advance for June 9, 2012 :) hehe

    ReplyDelete