Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The reason I gained 5 pounds

What a week!

Monday was pretty normal...I worked out with my trainer and ran 5 miles.

Tuesday was nuts...I ran 10 miles, and then spent the rest of the day on my feet in the kitchen...baking 119 cupcakes. I had a cupcake order for a graduation, and then I was making thank you gifts with the cupcakes for my MOPS leadership team.

Key Lime Cupcakes with a Vanilla Buttercream Icing...



Roasted Banana Cupcakes with a Honey Cinnamon Buttercream Icing...



Chocolate Mint Cupcakes with a Mint Buttercream Icing, and Chopped Andes Mints on top...



Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes with a Strawberry Meringue Buttercream Icing...



The Graduation Cupcakes...





The Cupcakes for MOPS childcare workers...



The Cupcakes for the MOPS leadership team...





Wednesday was our last MOPS meeting until September...I didn't miss out on our final breakfast buffet. :0) My trainer wasn't able to meet with me on this day (so I will get a make-up session when I return from vacation), and I didn't workout at all on Wednesday. :0(

Thursday was the day we went to Disneyland. No further explanation needed. :0)

Friday we had lunch at my dad's house...my grandparents are in town visiting from Pennsylvania. We had pizza, and wings, and salad. Later that night I had date night with Rick where I carbed-up with fish tacos, a baked potato, and delicious bread. I also enjoyed popcorn at the movie.

Saturday was the big run. After the run I met my mom and the kids at Ihop for brunch. I pretty much rested for the rest of the day.

Sunday I bailed on exercising too. I felt up to it, even after running 20 miles the day before, but I had 2 parties to go to, and I'm not gonna lie, I looked really pretty that morning, lol, and I didn't want to waste my efforts on hair and make-up in the gym. So we went to church, then went to the 1st party at a park (AMAZING food), and then went back to my dad's for the formal gathering with my grandparents, and the rest of the family. We had burgers, hot dogs, ribs, beans, potato salad, and??? For dessert my grandma had made her famous "cherry crunch", and my sister Jenni made...



It's a delicious ice cream cake! A layer of pound cake on the bottom, and then a layer of chocolate ganache, then a layer of coffee ice cream mixed with chopped "whoppers", another layer of pound cake, and then a top layer of chocolate ganache. I'm embarrassed to admit that I had TWO slices!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow...I want your life! lol

    Nice to know that even someone as dedicated and determined as you has a slice of cake. xoxo

    ReplyDelete