Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Wrapping Up the Year (Part 2)

Our week started off pretty rough...I somehow contracted a 24-hour flu, and I was down for the count all day on Monday. :0( I just kept praying that it was only a 24-hour bug, and that the rest of my family would not get the flu from me. I'll be honest, it was a rather selfish prayer...as I was in the midst of doing a couple of things you do when you have the flu, I couldn't even begin to fathom caring for (and cleaning up after) the ones I loved, when I felt THIS bad! Fortunately, my prayers were answered, and I was 100% healed by Tuesday morning, and no one else in the house caught the virus either...Praise the Lord!

After suffering that short (but not minor) set-back, the remainder of our week was full-speed ahead!

In little happenings, some of us were turtles this week...



One of us lost our 6th tooth...



One of us had to test out Grammy's new cotton candy machine...





All of us had to sample the product...



Some of us won both games of Buzz Lightyear Operation (the winner is not pictured, SHE is behind the camera, lol)...



We got to pick up Grandpa from the hospital after having elbow surgery...





Some of us got to sit on the top bunk with our cousins...





We all got to visit with our grandparents/great-grandparents...



But one of us was especially entertained by Great-Grandma Sally's dancing Santa hat...







And fiiiiiinally, some of us got to see The Muppets!...with a special guest!!! It was a GREAT show, and Bea made it until the final 5 minutes before she fell asleep...



She was still sleeping when I wanted to take their picture in front of The Muppets sign...but she cracked a smile when I asked Wyatt to say "cheese", hahahaha!



Everyone is awake NOW...



In BIG happenings, we went to the Big Bay Balloon Parade...the largest balloon parade in America! We got on the trolley, and headed downtown...



We went with quite a few of our friends...





and ate donuts, and drank hot chocolate together...







MY favorite part of the parade are all of the bands...











...Bea's favorite part of the parade are all of the balloons...









...and Wyatt's favorite part of the parade are all of the guest appearances/performances...









And lastly, we rung in the new year this week! In years past, our little family is fairly boring on New Years Eve. We are exhausted of gatherings from the Christmas season, and we usually don't even bother staying up to watch the infamous ball drop on TV. But this year, Rick had to work, and my friend Katie offered to host me and the littles at her house for a sleep over. :0)



Our night consisted of watching food-related documentaries ("Food Inc." and "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead"), playing around...







A little bubbly...



And LOTS of eating...LOTS! The kids started off with a pizza picnic on the floor...



And then Katie and I began our feast shortly after. We had spent the days and weeks before New Year's constructing the most delicious menu...and I think we mastered it!

We started off with crab stuffed mushrooms...



...and shrimp cocktail...



We then had an amazing surf-and-turf entree with lobster tails, tri-tip, cheesy risotto, and some AMAZING skirt steak potatoes...







And then for dessert, the kids enjoyed mini mint ice cream sandwiches...



...and we indulged on a NY cheesecake...



The kids and I had such a BLAST with our friends...it was so much fun to actually have plans for New Years! :0)

We wish you the BEST in 2012!...Happy New Year!!!

1 comment:

  1. Is it wrong that I am craving steak at 5 in the morning??

    Please, remind me next year that I AM GOING TO THE BALLOON parade with you all. I really should have done it this past time. So glad you all had a blast!

    So sweet to see you and Katie having fun!

    ReplyDelete