Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Dear Jennifer Hudson (Week 1)

Dear Jennifer Hudson,

Yesterday was my first meeting at Weight Watchers. For never having attended a weight-loss meeting or weight loss group before, I was surprised at how not-nervous I was...and how un-dorky I felt.

My mom and I signed up for Weight Watchers last week, and with the New Years Eve par-tay, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I actually had a weight LOSS on their scale. :0) I am down 3.6 pounds for my first week...and again, considering that I was only dieting for 2 of those 6 days since my initial weigh-in, I think that's pretty good.

I had taken an unintentional sabbatical from the gym during the holiday season. Between vacationing in Big Bear, the gym being closed on holidays, the kids being sick, me being sick, me being lazy (the largest percentage of my list of excuses), I only went to the gym 2 times from Thanksgiving to the New Year. :-0 I put on so much weight during the holidays. :0(

And don't forget, I am currently in a weight loss competition...ahahahaha! Yeah, that's not really happening for me. On New Years Day I was actually up a few pounds since the start of that competition. But as of right now, I am moving the numbers on the scale in the right direction, and I am reporting a weight LOSS for the competition. That competition is over on this up-coming Sunday. Some of the other competitors have taken the competition very seriously, and I am SO happy for their success! I know 2 people in the top 5, and one of them is even thee Top Dog! I hope she can pull off the win! :0)

Any who, back to you Jennifer Hudson...I just wanted to tell you that I am liking your program. In this most recent year I have been fond of tracking my calories in a notebook, and so that practice has made it an easy transition for me to track my foods, and my points with Weight Watchers. I am especially fond of the fact that all fruits, and most veggies are "free" for me. And now that I am back at the gym, it is really neat to see my "Activity Points" adding up. :0)

Currently your biggest fan,
Elizabeth

P.S. Your commercials for Weight Watchers are WAAAAAAAY better than Mariah Carey's advertisement for Jenny Craig...just sayin'.

2 comments:

  1. The Mariah Carey ones make me wanna barf! Is it a commercial to encourage me or seduce me??!!

    I lack serious motivation and wonder if ww would be a good kickstart. 40 is just around the corner! =o

    Go, Jennifer, Go! You may be my favorite spokesperson for ww so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I forgot to ask, whose in the lead for the competition? Anyone I know?

    ReplyDelete