Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Monday, September 24, 2012

Party-Harty

What a fun week we had!!! I wasn't even thinking of how busy our post-vacation week was going to be, but it turned out to be quite eventful! On Monday, Wyatt attended his first "Triple Threat- Pop Fusion" class...singing, acting, dancing. I didn't get to see the "acting" portion of the class, but I did get to see some dancing. In this particular class, he is the smallest and youngest kid in the class, and so he was used in the dance routine for all kinds of cool lifts and such...I can't wait to see this group perform on stages! My favorite of the 3 class portions was the singing...probably because that is something new for him/us. It was so cool to see him in a choir class atmosphere, and doing voice exercises and such, for the next hour after the class, all we heard in our car/house was, "mi, mi, mi, mi, mi, mi, mi, mi, miiiiiiii...
And then on Tuesday, we had our usual day of piano lessons, hip-hop dance class, and swing dance lessons...
On Wednesday, I had turned down an invitation to go to the beach with friends, but after I had completed all of my chores and errands for the day, my girlfriends began texting me and telling me how beautiful it was at the beach. At the first mention of, "The waves are AWESOME! You would be killing it on the boogie board today!" I knew I had to get down there! So this usually-rigid-planner, had everyone put on their swimsuits, I threw a couple of towels and some sunscreen in a bag, and we were beach bound! We had a GREAAAAAAT time!!!
And "let the record show," I did kill it in the water! The waves were incredible, and the boogie-board-whisperer was home. :0) The cool thing about THIS experience though, was that Wyatt was out with me the whole time. He usually is out in the water, just messing around, but my little man caught boogie-boarding-fever, and he had his game face on! We rode 75% of the waves in together...it was AWESOME!!!
On Thursday, we had a pool playdate with 2-B, but unfortunately my hands/arms were otherwise occupied with none-other than 2-B's newborn baby, and there were no photos to be had of this par-tay. :0) On Thursday night, the "birthday crew" reunited to celebrate 2 of our birthdays at Benihana...
This night would go down as my biggest-laugh-of-the-year!!! When your friend comes out of the restroom complaining about just how disgusting the bathroom was, you think it's funny...but when the bartender comes around 20 minutes later to beg you not to hate him for telling you that you have toilet paper attached to your shoe, it is HILARIOUS!!! And not just a square of toilet paper...practically a whole roll!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!
We.were.dyyyyyyying!!! Happy Birthday Katie & Liane!!! :0)
On Friday, my dad and stepmom asked if they could have the kids overnight, and I said, "SURE!" ;0) But, what-to-do?...what-to-do??? I decided to invite my mom out for an Italian picnic dinner on the grass at Seaport Village! Rick asked, "Why would you WANT to do that??", and my mom's husband thought she was literally lying about going to have a picnic dinner...hahahahaha!...THAT is why we have each other, LOL! I love my mama!
We then went and walked around the mall for a couple of hours...browsing...and buying. :0) Saturday, after Bea's dance class, my mom, myself, my sister Jenni, and our 2 littles had the privilege of attending Grammy Pammy's 3rd Annual tea party!!!
But more about that in a separate post! ;0) On Sunday, after a wonderful morning at church, we FINALLY had a Family-Dinner-Reunion!!! With my sister and I vacationing on alternating weeks, it had been 3 straight weeks since we were all in town again on the same weekend! It was so nice to be together on Sunday nights again...
And finally... In the continuing saga of, "As the garden grows," I am THRILLED to report that...I got to have my ($200) Caprese Salad!!!!! Tomatoes from our garden...
Basil from our garden...
And fresh mozzarella cheese...from Trader Joes, lol...
Caprese Salad GOODNESS!!!...
I hate to be a downer, but I feel the need to report the facts...I must admit, the tomatoes were gross, lol! But everything else was GREAT, LOL! So that was our week...see you on the flip-side. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment