Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Dear Jennifer Hudson (week 39)

Dear Jennifer Hudson,

Can you believe it!?...I wrote you letters in back-to-back weeks! :-0 

This past week was a week of a LOT of events! I put the new-to-me dresses from my sister's mother-in-law (did you follow that?) to GREAT use!

There was a (ladies-only) birthday party dress...

 
...a date-night-with-MY-mama dress...

 
...and a tea party dress...

 
(The above pictures were all taken for my sister's approval, lol)

With each party dress, comes party food!

Specifically, for date night, I made my mom the most delicious Italian picnic! We had "Caponata Sandwiches", with an olive-oil based potato salad (made with basil from MYYYY garden, LOL!)...

 
...and for dessert I whipped (or rolled, lol) up, these TASTY cinnamon-caramel-pinwheels (INSANELY delicious!!!)...

 
Even family dinner packed a calorie-punch with (2 servings of) Chili and cornbread...

 
...and my sister's jar of Nutella for dessert! ;0) There are SO many ways to eat Nutella. My recent fave is, "Nutella Lips"...

 
Sooooooo, it should come as a SHOOOOOOCK to everyone that I not only recorded a LOSS on the scale, but that I lost 3 whole pounds!?!?!? I'm not sure how that one happened, but...I'll take it!!!

My WW meeting was very motivating today. It was brought to our attention that there are 8 weeks remaining until Thanksgiving (craziness!!!). Our WW leader gave us two 8-week challenges. She handed us a 3x5 card...on one side of the card, there was a picture of a turkey, and then there were 8 circles around the turkey. That challenge is: for every meeting you attend in the next 8 weeks, you will get a "Bravo" sticker (Bravo stickers are rewards at our meetings, lol) in one of your eight circles. At the end of the 8 weeks, if you have filled all of your circles with a Bravo sticker, you will be entered into a special prize drawing.

On the other side of the card, she had you write down a weekly weight loss goal (lose 1/2 pound, lose 2 pounds, maintain weight, etc.) for each week. Every week that you weigh-in and meet that goal, you will earn a Bravo sticker for that side of your card also. At the end of the 8 week challenge, if you have at least 5 stickers on that side of your card, you will be entered into a 2nd special prize drawing. 

I think this idea is REALLY cool...I definitely plan to participate in the 8-week challenge! My weekly-weight-loss goal for the challenge was 1.5 pounds per week...If I stick to the WW plan, that goal is more than achievable!

But can "she" do it!?!? ;0)

Thanks for always reading my letters!

Your biggest fan,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment