Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Saturday, September 8, 2012

B.Y. (Before Yosemite)

Sorry for the pause in blog posts...I have felt very unmotivated to blog, or take pictures for that matter...but my most loyal readers have warned me that I might start losing my "fan base" if I don't get caught up on my blog.

NOTE TO SELF: You must always keep a fan base!

So here's a summary of our last 2 weeks...

We were busy-builders-of-legos with our cousins...



We were extreme-jewelry-making-work-horses...





And, we were holding-"2-B's"-newborn-baby-for-several-hours-but-that-was-still-not-long-enough...



One of us had a shocking surprise makeover in the childcare at the gym...



Two of us enjoyed "Cuddle-fest 2012"...





And three of us got to enjoy the end of Sea World's Summer Nights with Grammy!...

















We are all back in Awanas now! Wyatt moved up to "TNT" (Truth in Training), Beatrice has one more year in "Cubbies", and I stayed serving in "Sparks"..."Co-Director" of Sparks, to be exact, lol. ;0) Here is my TNT-er on opening night of Awana...



The kids also started back in their performing arts classes/lessons this past week.

Wyatt is taking 5...yes, FIVE...classes this year! :-0 He is starting his 4th year of piano lessons, 3rd year of percussion movement & hip hop dance lessons, and his first year of swing dance lessons, and a "triple threat" class (Singing, Dancing, Acting). Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of Wyatt practicing/performing this week, but I will report that I was most excited/impressed by the swing dancing class...it was really neat seeing him dance in step with a partner, and doing lifts already with his partner!

My Beatrice was on a "timeout" from dancing last year, as she was very nonchalant about her dance class the prior 2 years. I just thought it was a lot of money and time spent at the class if she was indifferent to it. I figured we would give her a year off to mature, and see if she wanted to dance again the following year, or try something completely different??? Well, the year off from dancing (eventually) made quite an impression on her! In the last few months all she could talk about was how much she wanted to go back to dance class! I told her she still had to wait, but that if she still wanted to do it, she could start at the beginning of the next dancing season. (I also told her that she WOULD have to ACTUALLY DANCE at her dance class if she went, lol!) She was set on going back to dance class! On her first day of dance class, she woke up, and she excitedly told everyone individually in our house, "TODAY IS MY BIG DAY!!!" :0) She could not WAIT to put her dancing clothes on!...



When we got to the studio my girl had brought her A-game! She was no longer the (super cute) ballerina that was just staring aimlessly in the mirror while the other students were dancing...oh no, my little (still super cute) ballerina-tap-dancing daughter was the girl busting out the best moves! She was so focused, she understood what the teacher was asking her to do, and best of all she DID what the teacher asked her to do, LOL! She was radiant throughout the entire hour of the class! I was one proud mama! Here she is with her teacher... :0)



In addition to her tap-ballet class, Bea is also taking a percussion movement class. Here she is gettin' her drum on! ;0)...



In the continuing saga of "As the Garden Grows", we have some good news and some bad news.

The good news: The tomatoes are FINALLY turning red!!!



I just hope they don't go bad while we are on vacation for a week! :0(

The bad news:

1. Did you see all of those dead leaves around the tomatoes!? The plant is dying off! :0( I don't know if that's normal??? About 90% of the leaves on our plant have died. Based on what I learned in Wyatt's 3rd grade science lessons this week, the roots may bring water to a plant, but the LEAVES bring FOOD to the plant. The leaves serve a purpose. OUR LEAVES are almost all dead. We still have quite a few (small/growing) green tomatoes that need to thrive. Sigh. Will I get my Caprese Salad!?!? Double sigh.

2. The monthly newsletter from our HOA "reminded" us (this was brand new info to me) that we are allowed to have plants on our balconies, but they must be HANGING plants...no planters/pots resting on the balcony floors! Sigh. I'm obviously not going to do anything about this policy now, after all my plants have decided to die on me anyway, but after this, I think my gardening days are over!

And finally, in school, we had a shirtless student...



And even though our study of New York was a thing of the past, I decided not to give up on our ran-out-of-time-adventure-with-Lady-Liberty! The Statue of Liberty is always appropriate in the general study of the United States...and more importantly, I had already spent the money on the green crepe paper, lol! This was an adventure that would be most fun with cousins...

Lady Liberty herself...









Brady wanted a turn too! :0)



I'm embarrassed to admit that I can't remember many details of our study through the 12th state in our Union...the "Tar Heel" state of North Carolina. BUT I did take pictures of the most important part...the state dinner! ;0)

I made an INCREDIBLE North Carolina BBQ Pork Sandwich...



The kids were SUPER EXCITED to have a treat of soda with their dinner...it was a must once we found out that the first ever Pepsi was sold in North Carolina!...



And for dessert, I made my first Sweet Potato pie!





That pie was SOOOO good! I had never tried sweet potato pie before, and so I had no idea what to expect. It turns out that it tastes a LOT like pumpkin pie...but BETTER! (Not to be mean to pumpkin pie or anything...I still love you!)

So that's it...now I'm all caught up...I guess that wasn't so hard, LOL!

Next week we leave for our first family-of-4 vacation! We are Yosemite (and then a 4 day trip down the coast of California) bound!!!

See ya on the flip side! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment