Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Sunday, June 3, 2012

I Mustache You a Question...

I thought when my commitment to MOPS and Awana came to an end last month that I would be able to breathe a giant sigh of relief...our main responsibilities would be over, and we could just coast through Summer days...I was mistaken...

These past few weeks have been some of the busiest weeks I can remember in my life. I'm overwhelmed and exhausted. And while some have said, "Cut something out."...I say, "But each event is too special to cut out." So I just keep plugging along. My new plan:

Run (and in most cases, literally "run") myself crazy through my 30's, so I will be tired enough to nap through my 40's, so I will be rested up to do this all over again with my grandchildren in my 50's.

Anyway...our week...

The very first thing we did was visit Grandpa at his home after he had his knee surgery...





I love a good incision!...




We finally started our garden! We sowed tomatoes, peppers, carrots, oregano, basil, pumpkins, and some spring flowers.




We were quite impressed with the progress the seeds made in just 7 days!...






Time to start transferring some of them to outdoor pots! :0)




Let's see...after 5 months since the first time I made our first (and only) batch of homemade hand soap, it was time to replenish our stock...





We went on several walks and runs together!

We had roley-poly run day, where we saw TONS of roley-polies out...and then we had snail walking day, where we saw TONS of snails out and about...



...and then we had dead-animal walking day, where yes, you guessed it, we saw far too many dead animals. :0( The only picture I could stomach taking was of the teenie-tiny-bird-on-a-rock....



We had fun playing with random boxes...



And someone blew their first bubble-gum-bubble...



We still ventured to swimming lessons this week...



And slept in odd positions at night...



I got to celebrate a friend's birthday...



And Rick and I were SO proud to watch our son perform at his 2nd piano recital!...




And as the week came to a close, I got to spend Saturday morning with a friend at The Queen Bee Market...



We found PERFECT accessories for a birthday party we were attending later that evening!



My nephew Zachary turned 5, and celebrated at a Super Mario Bros. party!!! :0)





Mustaches make everything so much more fun!!!

WARNING: Many, Many, MANY Mustaches ahead!























We had so much fun celebrating YOU Zachary!



And finally, our week was capped off with an event SO exciting...and SO wonderful!...but first...Wyatt performed on stage at church this morning...




...and THEN...we had the honor of watching him be baptized!!! :0)








I am so proud of my son! I love witnessing the choices he makes daily to walk in obedience with our Lord!



CONGRATULATIONS...We love you Wyatt!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment