Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Dear Jennifer Hudson (Week 24)

Dear Jennifer Hudson,

I can't believe it is already Tuesday again! I can't believe it has been a week since the last time I wrote to you...it feels like it was just yesterday! Anyway...

I was mostly good on my diet this week, and I was mostly consistent in my exercise this week, but midway way through my weekend camping trip, I stopped being super restrictive on my diet. I didn't go crazy with my eating, but again, I put my guard down. I enjoyed an incredible wine tasting event that my Aunt put on at our camp site...although, I didn't consume hardly any wine (not my fave)...I mostly enjoyed the post-wine-tasting horse devours...pure deliciousness! Once we got home from camping, I had a wisdom tooth pulled the next morning. I wasn't allowed to exercise...and I was allowed to drink milkshakes and smoothies...which I did. ;0)

So I'm sure you guessed it...I gained weight this week. I gained 4.2 pounds. But I gotta say, I'm not stressing over it. This is the difference between PMS-ing and NOT, lol. 2 weeks ago I was crushed over my weight gain, but this week I have confidence that I can tackle this gain in just a few days. No worries. :0)

Here is something fun I baked this week...

In preparation for our camping trip, I had some old bananas, and I thought it would be nice if I made some banana bread/muffins for us for breakfast while we were gone. I plugged the very generic recipe into my WW online program, and it turned out that each muffin was 8 WW points! :-0 I did some reconfiguring of the recipe by eliminating the nuts, cutting out 3/4 of the sugar, and substituting the oil with plain yogurt instead...they now were just 3 WW points!!! Oh my word, they were so moist and DELICIOUS!!!




And finally, a couple of weeks before our camping trip I came across a fun camping idea/recipe/activity in a magazine! Basically, it's like apple pie on a stick...I tried it out! :0)

You first skewer an apple on a stick/hanger, and then you roast it over the campfire...




You roast it until the skin starts to crack (and we discovered that the pressure let off a super fun whistling noise!)...



Then, you peel the skin off with a fork, and finally you roll the fleshy fruit in cinnamon sugar...enjoy!



The recipe was ultra tasty, the activity was super fun, and with the apple being zero WW points, and the sugar being maybe 2 points, it was a GREAT WW treat to have at the campfire!!

So that's it for me this week J Hud. I'm feeling like my tooth/gum is healed enough for me to get back in the gym tomorrow, AND this is the first weekend in I can't remember how long that we don't have ANYTHING planned! I should be able to demolish the scale this week! :0)

Chat with you soon.

Your Biggest Fan,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment