Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Monday, June 20, 2011

In other CHUBBY news...

This week afforded the opportunity to eat a lot of unhealthy food. In some cases I indulged...but in most cases I exercised self discipline and made the proper choice.

On Monday, the only real temptation was at night at my Women's Bible Study group (of all places), LOL! The ladies bring some delicious treats, but luckily I was prepared...I flossed, brushed my teeth, AND rinsed with mouth wash before I went...I had ZERO, OK that's an exaggeration, LITTLE desire to snack that night!

On Tuesday we spent the day at my sister Jenni's house. I was watching her 3 kiddos (and their big huge dog) while my sister and her husband went to the fair. You may remember me describing afternoons at my sister's house in the past. It is a fat girl's DREAM! They always have things like candy bars, chips, ice cream, and pastries. And on the RARE occasion when they don't have those items readily available, my sister's cupboards are always stocked full of like 10 cake and brownie mixes, 5 cans of frosting, multiple boxes of pudding mix, and a variety of different baking/chocolate chips. If the treats aren't made...you have the ingredients to make.it.happen. I love her house. :0) In an effort to "be good," I brought a packaged salad to eat for lunch. I have done things like this in the past...but it never works out. I ALWAYS ditch my WW frozen dinner, or the healthy sack lunch I pack...and eat donuts, and sundaes, and cookies like I have been competing in the game of "Survivor" for 38 days on a deserted island! But on this afternoon, I stuck with my salad! :0)

I had a GREAT day with the kids. One of my favorite memories of that day is when it came time for the kids to eat lunch (they all wanted something different to eat, and I obliged), and instead of them all sitting down at the normal dining room table to eat, Brady decided to bring in the tiny plastic outdoor table, and all 4 of the knuckleheads squeezed around that! They crack me up!



On Wednesday I was planning to make it to the beach, but the weather was not cooperating. Instead, we headed to Sea World. I packed our lunches and snacks...I left my wallet in the car, so temptations weren't even an option...and another successful day on the diet was had! We saw the new shamu show, we had a surprise guest join us for the last 90 minutes of our day (shout-out to PAM!), and the kids got to meet a few of the characters...





On Thursday we went to the park with our mommies group. No temptations there. :0) But in the evening we went to a birthday party at the YMCA where they were offering delicious (and ADORABLE!) treats such as these...





Believe it or not, I escaped the cupcake trap! However, the party was during dinner hour and I did indulge in the most delicious Subway sandwich EVER...and a bag of chips....REBEL! ;0)

Friday was all about baking! My cousin was getting married the next day, and I was baking cookies for the wedding. :0) The good news is, the cookies weren't my favorite...there is ZERO sugar in the dough! So that spared me many calories of sampling and such. However, each of these cookies has a single M&M candy in the middle, and I certainly had a few mini handfuls of M&M's while I was baking. :0(





And after my cookie baking extravaganza, I went and did our weekly grocery shopping. For the last month I have been passing by the Starbucks kiosk in our Target store, pining for a delicious frozen drink! I have had a giftcard to Starbucks in my wallet for weeks, and I have been resisting the temptation. But on this day, I gave in. I got my Grande Mocha Coconut Frappuccino.



It was DE-licious...in the moment. But within minutes, I regretted my decision. I didn't need the calories. And physically, my body was rejecting the super sugary/dairy treat. My stomach wouldn't stop gurgling for hours. :0(

Saturday was the big wedding! I ate light all day in anticipation of the wedding that night. All of my efforts with regard to diet and exercise earlier in the week had paid off. My sister had given me a bunch of her old clothes, and I had multiple options to choose from for this event. I finally decided on a black dress...I did my hair in a way I had never done in it the past, and I think it all came together quite nicely. I felt very pretty. :0)







For dinner, we had a creamy/cheesy chicken, potatoes, some vegetables (not on my plate), bread and salad.



This wedding was nontraditional in the fact that they did not have a wedding cake. Instead they had multiple pies (the bride and groom prefer pie over cake), tons of tiny desserts to choose from, and of course, my cookies (pictured above)...





In addition to all of that, the wedding favors were tiny boxes containing two delicious pieces of Sees Candy. I ate my 2 pieces, and Bea's 2 pieces! :-0

I definitely gained weight that day! LOL!

Unfortunately, Sunday continued in that same (I'm dieting???) direction. It was Father's Day, and I busted out my manliest cookbook for the occasion..."Bobby Flay's Burgers, Fries, and Shakes." I selected the Dallas Burger which involved a homemade BBQ sauce, a homemade coleslaw, and a spicy rub for the burgers. I toasted the buns, put it all together, and it turned out INCREDIBLE!!! The picture does NOTHING for the meal, but here it is none-the-less...



I brought my "Middle Sister" wine, Jenni made a cake (in this case, the picture does far more justice to the food than it deserves, HAHAHAHA!)...



...and we had an amazingly HILARIOUS night celebrating the fathers in our lives.



Perfect end to a GREAT week! :0)

1 comment: