Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

How did I miss that!?!?


Well, on Sunday night when I was planning my meals for the week, I came across the page in my diet binder where there is a LONG list of "treats" that I can eat...let me clarify: one a day. But I had NO IDEA that I could have 1 treat a day! My approved-treat-of-choice has been a single Reese's Peanut Butter Cup...YUM! However, like I was sharing with a friend (shout out to Deana!), since I have never been a person of moderation, I have a feeling at some point, one treat will not suffice the craving, and by me eating 1 treat, it will lead to many more.

But in the mean time, I will enjoy :0)

2 comments:

  1. You can do it!! I know what you mean... When the hubby and I have done south beach we always do great for the first 2 weeks, then slowly start to fall off the wagon. I think the reason is... the first 2 weeks are strict- completely no sugar at all, no starchy veggies etc. no fruit even... basically protein and greens. Sounds awful, but we find the real challenge when the two weeks are over and we can start adding the things we love back into the diet- potatoes, bread, etc. I don't think moderation is in my brain's dictionary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading a book right now called The End of Overeating. Basically the science of it is that sugar, fat and salt makes you crave more sugar, fat and salt. So it's not just in your head (your lack of moderation that is), it's actually physiological.

    ReplyDelete