Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Down Low (2013, Weeks 8, 9, 10, 11)

Wow, that was a REALLY long pause in blogging. I almost went one full month without blogging...but I snuck in here 2 days before I hit that mark...success! Thank you to all of my fans (all 3 of you, lol) that had inquired about me and my blog while I was M.I.A...I felt loved. :0) OK, let's get down to business, there is a lot to catch up on....

The most notable thing we did in the last month was our day at Legoland. Both kids (but especially Wyatt) are Lego MANIACS! For our birthdays I had given the kids a choice of a trip to Disneyland or a trip to LEGOLAND, and there was NO contest, both kids looked at eachother with HUGE grins and then shouted back at me, "LEGOLAND!!!" So, Legoland it was!

We had the BEST day.


Afterall, there was a Star Wars Land inside the park...what Lego-AND-Star-Wars-Freak-Fan wouldn't be in heaven here!?



 

The rides at this park were perfection for my family. Wyatt is not a roller coaster guy AT ALL, so even the doop-de-doo roller coasters here were a bit too much for his liking, but they were doop-de-doo enough for me to at least convince him to ride with us. And my little dare-devilista LOVES roller coasters, but unfortunately she is so small that she rarely meets the height requirements for the roller coasters at other theme parks. So these roller coasters were just doop-de-doo enough for her to meet MOST of their height requirements. (Side note: I love her passion for roller coasters! I cannot wait to take her to Magic Mountain in like 6 years when she can go on the "rolliest" of roller coasters...a girl after my own heart!!) I couldn't take pictures of us on the more eventful rides, but here were a few fave ride-related-moments...


 




And of course, at Legoland, there was LOTS of playing with Legos at every turn...



 

In a "land" filled with millions of Legos, my kiddos were still able to find a way to have a sibling-squabble over one particular Lego...sigh...


What's a GIRL to do with Legos???


Turn them into rollerskates of course!


That was a super fun day! Fortunately we purchased the 3-month pass from Costco, so we look forward to returning a few more times before Summer arrives. :0)

Another exciting happening in the last few weeks, is that my younger sister Jenni got laid off from her job, which resulted in an unexpected-dream-come-true for her and her fam...she now gets to stay home full time with her kiddos! Sooo happy for them! We celebrated such a wonderful occassion with breakfast at Hash House...



We had a picnic at Seaport Village with a stay-cationing-Grandma-Piton...




 
A trip to Seaport Village isn't complete without an ice cream cone....



Or a WWE-style-throw-down on the grass!...



You know you've been beat when you have been handed the "squashed banana"...


...and a "razzleberry" to the tummy!...


Go Team-Mom!

In the past month, we attended a "Royal" birthday party...




...we had a little-girls-only-breakfast-date with Grandma Piton...


...We were "pretty"...


...and then a bit prettier...


We played ponies with Daddy...


We stuffed 2,000 Easter eggs, which equals a LOT of candy!...


And speaking of sugar, we consumed many fancy (and not so fancy) desserts! There was an incredibly impressive Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake made by my Step-mom...


...and my first ever fondant cake was made for my Grandma's 75th birthday...



My nephew treated us to the not-so-secret recipe of the "Brady Special"...


And finally, 'tis the season for a chocolate bunny!...



We of course had all of our performing arts classes...


And when the puppet theater was brought home from our storage unit, it was used for pretty much any and everything EXCEPT for puppet shows! Beatrice had a smoothie stand...


And Wyatt barricaded his room with, well, you get the picture...



Finally, to wrap things up, Rick and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary, and Wyatt had many solo adventures with Grandparents in the past few weeks. Grammy Pammy and Zai-Zai Myke took him on a date to the movies, Grammy has been taking him to work with her once a week to earn some money by learning the ropes of Real Estate Appraising, and Grandpa paid Wyatt to come dig ditches with him on a Saturday afternoon as well. We are thankful to all of the kids' grandparents for lovin' on our littles, and teaching them wonderful life lessons!

So that's it for the family portion of our life. Hopefully I can punch out a letter to JHud right now too, and update you on my weight loss (that term is being used very loosely, lol) journey. And, for all things "Me and Polly" (my bakery business), you can check out that blog at www.PollyWantsACookie.com !

We wish you a lovely (relaxing?) St. Patrick's Day...much like the one Wyatt is having...

 
That's the down-low on our up-and-up! Until next time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment