Lover of Jesus...A Wife...A Mother...A Daughter...A Sister...A Friend...A Runner...A Baker...An Adventurer...yeah, that about sums it up!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Dear Jennifer Hudson (Weeks 33 & 34)

Dear Jennifer Hudson,

I'm a total turkey for not writing you last week. I was in another pattern of yo-yo-ing on the scale, and it should be of no surprise, that last week I was on the negative aspect of a yo-yo trip...a weight gain. Being so discouraged by my current up-and-down cycle on the scale, I couldn't muster up the courage to go to my WW meeting, and so when school took longer in our house, and when I realized that the house just HAD to be cleaned at the same time as my WW meeting, I decided to skip out! I know. I'm ridiculous.

In an effort to stay consistent with my inconsistency, I vowed to stick to WW this past week. And I did.

But despite all of my efforts...dedication to fitness...proper nutrition...I still had a gain on the scale at my WW meeting this morning. I am up .6 in the last 2 weeks. Last week I was irritated with my mind (making bad choices)...and this week I am irritated with my body (considering all of my efforts, I so should have lost more!).

At the end of the day though, I have to step up my game. I have stop this cycle of up-down-up-down...the mental aspect is exhausting...and, it's bad for my health.

For the time being I'm taking a break from my "Insanity" workout DVD's. I've been doing them for 4 months now, and it's still a massive battle to push play on the DVD player. I'm tired of the fight...especially when there are other fitness choices I enjoy so much. I'm going to go back to doing my Sports Conditioning & Pump It classes at the gym, in place of the strength training I was getting through "Insanity." Also, since I am continuing to LOOOOVE Spin class, I am going to try and shift my cardio hours so I have equal amounts of running and spinning.

I need to shake it up.

Make things more enjoyable.

Get out of this funk.

In this next week, the kids and I are attending 3 parties. Back-to-back-to-back for 3 straight days. My prayer is that I will not be overwhelmed by the reality of "3" parties but to just take them event-by-event...day-by-day...hour-by-hour...minute-by-minute...choice-by-choice. I need to find a way to enjoy myself, and eat SOME of the food at a party, without throwing all sound mind out of the window. In the 8+ months of doing WW, I thought I would have figured this out by now...even MASTERED it...but I have not. Lucky for me, I have 3 opportunities this week to declare success, lol!

I hope you are enjoying your Summer!

Your Biggest Fan,
Elizabeth

P.S. I ran a half marathon this past weekend. My previous half marathon race was 5 months ago. On that day, back in March, I had beaten my previous half marathon record by just a few seconds. 2 days ago, 24 pounds lighter than what I was back in March, I beat that half marathon record by 9 minutes and 30 seconds!!! With all of these racing medals around my neck, I think I may have just come up with my costume for Halloween...Michael Phelps baby! ;0)


No comments:

Post a Comment